On the guided tour of the Miyagikyo distillery, a Japanese-speaking Nikka representative will kindly introduce you to the whisky manufacturing process, the history of Nikka Whisky and more.
Guided tour hours: 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., and 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Tours are conducted every 15 to 20 minutes..
* No English guided tours are available.
* The final tour of the day begins at 3:30 p.m.
Time required for tour: approx. 60 minutes (including liquor tasting)
Nikka 1, Aoba, Sendai City, Miyagi 989-3433
New Year's holiday period
Dec. 24 (Tue) to Dec. 31 (Tue), 2013
Jan. 1 (Wed) to Jan. 7 (Tue), 2014
- You can taste three brands of our products.Tasting is limited to one glass per each brand.
- The law prohibits driving under the influence of alcohol. Visitors arriving by car or bicycle, minors, and pregnant or nursing mothers are asked to refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages. Soft drinks will be available.
- Some portions of the tours are outdoor. On rainy days, please bring your own rain gear.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available for use (free of charge). Please call/fax in advance to reserve one if required.
- Because this is a factory that produces beverages for consumption, for sanitary reasons we ask that you refrain from bringing in food or pets. However, assistance dogs accompanying disabled persons are permitted.
- Smoking is prohibited on the distillery grounds, except in designated areas.
- To reduce the burden on the environment, visitors arriving by car are requested to refrain from idling their engines and turn them off while parked.